Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Owning up to a Bad Choice

This is a particularly important post. There are times in our lives that we do something and later have time to think about it and realize that we could have made a better choice. I had such a moment today----9/11/07.
I have a few business cards from years back when I was employed at Finley Engineering Co., Inc. They have my name splashed across the front.
Carlos Rossi and his Sangria are in part responsible for the choice I made today which was not the choice I should have followed. In relaxing for the evening I enjoyed a little more of Mr. Rossi's Sangria than I should have and I got to thinking about some things. The thoughts centered around this blog and why I started it. Mark Ogle was one of the people at Finley's that was inappropriately arrogant with me. He lives in Nevada, Mo. and the last time I saw Mark he was at our local grocery store. He recognized me and casually asked how I was doing. I told him I was surviving. Although Mark treated me harshly and unfairly when I was an employee at Finley's, I would still talk to him with decency today if he were to be the same. As I was sitting around thinking about the past events in my life I got the urge to take one of those cards and put some info on the back. This URL was one of those bits of info. One thing no one has ever done is to tell me why I was forced out of the company. No one has ever gave me an exact reason and I deserve to know. I actually got to thinking that Mark might talk to me about it after all this time. It is amazing how you see things a little differently when you have been drinking a little. I took the card and went over to his house. I knocked on the door but no one answered. I started to leave and as I did I stuck the card in his door. What was I thinking? Well now that the effects of the Sangria have worn off and it's early morning, I realize I made a choice by leaving that card and also to go over to his house, that I shouldn't have made. I cannot undo it now but I can post this post to explain my actions. I would like to take a moment to make an apology to Mark Ogle for choosing at this time to even come over to his house---an action I will not choose to ever do again. I should not have left the business card stuck in his door and for this I apologize. I would like to have talked with him if he were willing and if he were civil with me, rather than rude as he was in 2002. It would actually have been helpful to me and my feelings about things, if he were to do that. I do hope that he reads my blog and this post and if he should take any interest to read it he might end up with
some true sympathy concerning the past, I don't know, I can always hope. You know that being said I would even like to sit down with Kim Little and discuss the past if he were to take it seriously. Anger between people's solves nothing and it isn't the way to feel better. I harbor unpleasant feelings about the past, sure. I was very brutally treated and without just cause. A great disruption and upset was put upon my life and has left some scars that will always remain. Despite that though I would welcome the chance to go back and just sit and visit about the past and why this man chose the things he did in regards to me and my employment. Well I am going back to bed but I felt this should be covered in a post and so it is. Once again Mark, I apologize for a poor choice this evening and that won't be repeated. With that apology I have attempted to also explain my actions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home